Click It Or Ticket
From May 24 to June 6, Florida law enforcement agencies are joining NHTSA and law enforcement agencies nationwide for the 2021 Click It or Ticket enforcement mobilization. They will be out in full force, cracking down on safety belt violations, issuing citations to anyone caught traveling without a buckled safety belt or transporting unrestrained children. We are determined to get the message across: Safety belts save lives.
Safety belts save lives.
From 2012 to 2017, they saved nearly 82,000 lives, enough to fill a football stadium!
Safety Belt Myths
- Air Bags Air bags are designed to work in combination with safety belts, and are not designed to deploy in all crashes. Safety belts should always be used, even in vehicles with air bags.
- Day and Night Think you won't get a ticket at night? Law enforcement is trained to spot the tricks drivers use to avoid a ticket even at night. More people are being killed in nighttime crashes than ever before, and Florida law enforcement agencies are going to be targeting nighttime safety belt violators as a result.
- Pickup Trucks Think you don't need to buckle up because you're in a pickup? The numbers say otherwise. Don't depend on the size of your vehicle to protect you. No matter the vehicle type, safety belt use is the single most effective way to stay alive in a crash.
- Seating Position Sitting in the back doesn't excuse you from using a safety belt. Unbuckled rear-seat passengers are eight times as likely as buckled rear-seat passengers to be injured or killed in a crash. No matter where you sit, wear your safety belt.
- 2016 Florida Highway Patrol Safety Belt Citations by County
- Florida Safety Belt Use Report 2019
- Seat Belt Use in 2019 - Overall Results
- Occupant Protection in Passenger Vehicles 2018 Data