Facts & Stats
No matter where you live, however, buckling up continues to be the single most effective way to reduce the risk of injury or death in motor vehicle crashes. Most people who die in collisions are not wearing a safety belt.
Safety belt use and crash fatality rates in Florida varied widely by county. See fact sheets to find detailed information about your community.
Crimes vs. Crashes (2019)
- 1 murder every 32.0 minutes
- 1 violent crime every 26.2 seconds
- 1 property crime every 4.4 seconds
- 1 burglary every 25.7 seconds
- 1 fatality every 14 minutes
- 1 person injured* every 7.2 seconds
- 1 property damage* crash every 7 seconds
- 1 law-enforcement-reported* crash every 12.8 seconds
Crime - Federal Bureau of Investigation's 2018 Crime Clock Statistics, Crime in the United States
Crash - NHTSA 2018 Crash Report Sampling System (CRSS)
Download PDF (English)