Facts & Stats
No matter where you live, however, buckling up continues to be the single most effective way to reduce the risk of injury or death in motor vehicle crashes. Most people who die in collisions are not wearing a safety belt.
Safety belt use and crash fatality rates in Florida varied widely by county. Use the reports to find detailed information about your community.
Crimes vs. Crashes (2016)
- 1 murder every 30.6 minutes
- 1 violent crime every 25.3 seconds
- 1 property crime every 4.0 seconds
- 1 burglary every 20.9 seconds
- 1 fatality every 14 minutes
- 1 person injured* every 13 seconds
- 1 property damage* crash every 7 seconds
- 1 law-enforcement-reported* crash every 5 seconds
Crime – Federal Bureau of Investigation’s 2016 Crime Clock Statistics, Crime in the United States
Crash – NHTSA Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) 2016 ARF.
* National Automotive Sampling System (NASS) General Estimates System (GES) 2015.
Download PDF (English)